Call me crazy, but I love a good holiday potluck. Filling my plate with a taste of this, a scoop of that, one or two of those — hand me a fork and I'm in foodie heaven. But before that can happen comes the agony of deciding what to bring myself. Finding that perfect dish that will simultaneously please and impress, plus be easy to shuttle along in a car or on a bus, is no small feat. Perhaps one of these this year?
All of these can be prepared ahead of time, packed up, and carried to your party destination. A few, like the chicken flautas and the bacon-wrapped potato bites, will need to be warmed before serving. If bringing a warm appetizer, I recommend checking with the host ahead of time to make sure you can snag some oven space (I learned this lesson the hard way!).
• Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs with Herbed Yogurt Sauce>
• Bacon-Wrapped Potato Bites
• Beet-Pickled Deviled Eggs
• Beets on Crostini with Goat Cheese
• Stuffed Grape Leaves
• Prosciutto-Wrapped Arugula
• Handmade Potato Chips with Rosemary
• Cheese Gougères
• Spicy Chicken Flautas with Lime Sour Cream
• Spinach and Artichoke Dip
• Chicken Liver Pâté with Sage, Apple, and Thyme
• Stuffed Figs with Honey-Balsamic Syrup
• Beef and Potato Empanadas
• Za'atar Pita Chips with Yogurt Dip
• Pint-Sized Pizza Poppers
What's your favorite potluck dish?
Related: Potluck Etiquette: What Are Your Rules?
(Images: see individual links)