Even if your morning cravings lean more salty than sweet, you can still enjoy a stack of hot, fluffy pancakes for breakfast. Ham, leeks, cheese and even quinoa give these six pancake recipes a savory twist.
Savory pancakes would make an unusual addition to a weekend brunch, or a satisfying weekday breakfast if you made the batter the night before. A few of these recipes are even hearty enough to stand in for dinner.
FROM THE KITCHN
• Ricotta Pancakes with Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes
• How To Make Scallion Pancakes
ELSEWHERE ON THE WEB
• Dill Pancakes with Country Ham and Cheese at Fine Cooking
• Cottage Cheese & Cauliflower Pancakes at 101 Cookbooks
• Savory Leek Pancake with Smoked Gouda at Big Girls Small Kitchen
• Quinoa Cakes with Eggplant-Tomato Ragù and Smoked Mozzarella at Gourmet
Do you ever make savory pancakes?
Related: A Healthy Breakfast: Mark Bittman's Cornmeal Pancakes
(Image: Emily Ho)