Baby, it's hot outside and I'm looking in every direction for something refreshing. It's pretty easy to grab a glass of something cold and refreshing but it's often a little more difficult to find something equally refreshing to eat. Don't think these are boring just because they're salads — they're actually pretty special.One of the absolute best attributes of these salads is that each can easily be whipped up on a whim. Maybe you're having a hard time thinking of simple yet special ways to use those fabulous vegetables you picked up at the farmers market over the weekend — these recipes have you covered.
Using anything from avocado, fennel and beets — these salads sound and look absolutely refreshing. You'll be excited to serve up lunch to your family because it'll be a surely be a hit! So check out these simple and special summer salads to keep you cool:
• Pear, Apple and Fennel Salad, Cannelle-Vanille
• Shaved Fennel Salad, Tartelette Blog
• Avocado and Grilled Corn Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette, Authentic Suburban Gourmet
• Fresh Farmer's Market Salad, Scandi Foodie
• Green Bean and Black Quinoa Salad, Sprouted Kitchen
(Images: as linked above)