The difference between a great cocktail and a stellar one is time and preparation. Cocktails made with infused spirits or syrups add a complexity and depth that you can taste — an extra hint of cinnamon, a prick of heat, a fresh hint of mint. The best thing is that these infusions aren't hard to craft. They just take time and a little extra forethought. Here are a few worth trying out:
I make cocktails quite often. I look forward to trying out new recipes and infusions give me a chance to explore new combinations. My fridge is usually stocked with an infused simple syrup and my bar usually has an infused liquor in the making to make the regular a little extra special.
Here are a few recipes you might want to try at home. They're interesting, and very versatile.
9 Spirit & Syrup Infusions To Try at Home
- Green Pepper-Infused Vodka - The Kitchn
- Mint-Infused Simple Syrup - Bon Appetit
- Lemon Verbena Simple Syrup - The Kitchn
- Spiced Whiskey with Kumquats - Channel 4
- How To Make Shrub Syrup - The Kitchn
- Ginger-Infused Vodka - Chow
- Rosemary Simple Syrup - The Kitchn
- Lovage Simple Syrup - The Kitchn
- Apple Spice Bourbon Infusion - The Kitchn
Related: DIY Simple Syrup
(Image: Zach DeSart for Bon Appetit)
KitchnVideo of the Day