Wow. How bright is this? The SideSwipe Mixer Blade is a replacement blade for your KitchenAid stand mixer, fitted with silicone fins that scrape down the bowl as you mix. This could be a brilliant help, especially when you're multi-tasking during the holidays and want to just let your mixer do its work while you brown the roast or whatever. Click for more details and a video of it in action... Here's a side-by-side comparison of the SideSwipe with a regular KitchenAid mixer blade. Currently the SideSwipe is only available for tilt-head model KitchenAids, but over the next year their manufacturer plans to release versions for bowl-lift KitchenAids and Cuisinart, Kenwood, and other model mixers as well. You can see the planned release chart here. The tilt-head KitchenAid version of the SideSwipe is currently available through the manufacturer website for $24.95.
MORE KITCHENAID FROM THE KITCHN Here are a few more KitchenAid-related things we've posted recently:
• Coming Soon: 90th Anniversary KitchenAid Stand Mixer - The glass bowl is back! Although this prototype has a funny little flaw. Click to see...
• Copper Bowls for your KitchenAid Stand Mixer from French Copper Studio
And more KitchenAid...
• Trick out your KitchenAid with flames!
• Utensil bowl clips for your sticky spoons
• Pourfect spill-proof bowls