Sent by Audrey
Editor: For making super-smooth soups, smoothies, and sauces, I've found that I actually prefer the immersion blender over the food processor. The immersion blender can handle most frozen fruits, though I've found it does best if larger fruits (like whole frozen strawberries) can be chopped into smaller bits.
Here's some more info about both appliances:
• My Essential Appliance: Cuisinart Smart Stick Immersion Blender
• Immersion Blender: Should You Buy One?
• Top Ten Ways to Use Your Food Processor
• Should I Buy a Food Processor or a Blender?
• Which is Better: a Blender or a Food Processor?
Readers, what do you recommend?
(Image: Sur la Table )