I recently stumbled across Melissa Maya Pottery while browsing Etsy, and was immediately attracted to minimal hand-drawn designs on the porcelain tabletop pieces. Free flowing lines and geometric shapes give this collection — which includes mugs, tumblers, plates, and serving dishes — an organic, timeless feel. I just love how simple and beautiful they are!
This is a one-woman shop; all pieces are made by Maya, a ceramics artist from Denver, Colorado. As she writes on her store page:
My hope is that these pieces will be fun and functional and bring a little happiness into your everyday activities like serving a meal or having your morning coffee. There is such a big difference between holding something handmade and holding something machine made. I hope that the amount of joy that I get from making these pieces from beginning to end comes through while you are holding and using them in your everyday life.
- 1 Black and White Diamond Plate, $32
- 2 Black and White Wandering Line Mug, $26
- 3 Black and White Nesting Bowls, $65/set of three
- 4 Black and White Concentric Circles Bowl, $26
- 5 Black and White Diamond Jar, $38
- 6 Black and White Wandering Line Sugar and Creamer, $60
- 7 Graphic Plates, $118/set of four
- 8 Black and White Lined Tumblers, $82/set of four
- 9 Black and White Wandering Line Low Serving Dish, $65
- 10 Blue and White Diamond Ornament, $21
Visit the website → Melissa Maya Pottery
- Founded: Denver, Colorado
(Image credits: Melissa Maya Pottery)