- Location: Seattle, Washington and online
- Website: chefshop.com
- Founded: 1997
- Founded by: Tim Mar and Mauny Kaseburg
- Headquarters: Seattle, Washington
We've always known ChefShop as an online resource, although it's also a brick-and-mortar boutique in Seattle. Way back in the nineties, ChefShop founders Tim Mar and Mauny Kaseburg wanted to provide their customers with LOTS of information about the artisan products they were selling, which — at the time — most people weren't doing.
Their strategy translated well onto the web, and ChefShop.com has since grown into a respected online resource for specialty foods, recipes, and product information.
The inventory at ChefShop is both broad and specific. They have everything from fish to spices to produce, but within those categories you'll find hard-to-find products like Hawkshead relishes, pickles, and preserves from the UK, Mangalitsa bacon, and fennel pollen from Italy.
Any first-hand reviews of ChefShop? Share them in the comments!
• Botanical Bakery Lavender Shortbread, $12
• Mangalitsa Bacon Applewood Smoked, $40
• Dried Flageolet Beans, $7
• Black Truffle Caviar, $65
• Early Robin Cherries, 4 lbs, $99
• Wild Umbrian Fennel Pollen, $18
• Riverstones Candy, $14
• Moroccan Argan Oil, $40
• Genmai Cha Tea Sugimoto, $11
• Candied Orange Peel, $12