- Location: Brooklyn, New York
- Specialty: Slate Tabletop and Garden Products
- Price range: $$
- Website: brooklynslate.com
- Founded: 2009
- Founded by: Sean Tice and Kristy Hadeka
- Headquarters: Brooklyn, New York
Started in 2009, the Brooklyn Slate Company is the upshot of Sean, a graphic designer, and Kristy, a Parsons graduate student (featured above). Kristy's family has a slate quarry in upstate New York and when visiting, they would always bring back small pieces of slate. They started finding new uses for the material around the home and gifted a few pieces to friends. As the gifts grew in popularity, Sean and Kristy discovered they were on to something—and the Brooklyn Slate Company was born.