- Location: Brooklyn, NY and online
- Website: blueribbongeneralstore.net
- Founded: 2009
- Founded by: Ann Lopatin
- Headquarters: Brooklyn, NY
In the last few years, Brooklyn has embraced the concept of the modern day "general store." Places like Brook Farm General Store, Moon River Chattel, and Annie's Blue Ribbon have revived the old-fashioned general store model, updating it with a mix of "lifestyle" goods that tend to be green, well designed, and — at times — kitschy and nostalgic.
Founded by Ann Lopatin in 2007, Annie's Blue Ribbon combines all of the above. Eco-friendly products like Lunckins reusable sandwich bags are sold alongside beautiful, utilitarian coffee presses and goofy products like a $5 banana-keeper, shaped like the fruit. In addition to the main Boerum Hill location, Annie's has an actively updated webshop.
Any first-hand experiences with Annie's Blue Ribbon? Share them in the comments below!
• Lunchkins Reusable Sandwich Bag, $9.95
• White Coffee or Tea Press, $34
• Treat Bags, $5.50 for a pack of 10
• I Am Not a Paper Towel Dish Towel, $10.95
• Orange Wax Tin, $13.65
• Banana Saver, $4.95
• Playful Chef Kids' Gift Set, $40
• Chicken Timer, $9.50
• Apple a Day Letterpress Poster, $25