And why not kick it off with the biggest one of all: Amazon.com. To be honest, sometimes we actually forget about Amazon. We forget about Amazon's newish Gourmet Food store, their beta Grocery service, and of course their good deals and free shipping on pretty much any housewares or kitchen item you can think of.
Their vast selection and good deals make them an obvious place to shop for kitchen appliances and gadgets, but they are so huge sometimes we forget to check there first. They're not just books and music, after al.
The downside to Amazon is the same for every online store: you can't touch the product, feel it in your hand, or play with it before purchasing. Sometimes, too, Amazon's mix of in-house products and outside vendors gets a little confusing; we spent quite a bit of time sorting through different product listings for the exact same knife before realizing they were all describing the same thing. Then we had to figure out shipping costs for each individual vendor and decide where to buy it.
Still, whatever good customer experience Amazon loses in its overwhelming product selection and at times poor interface they make up for by, well, their overwhelming product selection and good prices. We have always had good experiences ordering from them.
Any other perspectives? Good experiences? Bad? Secret tips to getting the most out of the big old Amazon.com?
- Sleek Modern Menorahs
- 12 Design & Lifestyle Books To Give and Get Roundup
- How to Clean a Quilt
- Adian & Dave's Quirky Twist on a Grown-Up Home House Tour
- 5 Streamlined & Useful Desk Accessories Roundup
- Modern Window Boxes
- Best of the Bargains: Bathroom Faucets for Under $100
- Interesting Bathroom Faucets: When Price is No Object
- PepperMate Pepper Mill Daily Find
- Cuisinart ICE-21 Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker Daily Find
- 10 Great Housewarming Gifts for: Empty Nesters
- Will E-Books Change How Our Homes Look?
- OXO Good Grips Flexible Vegetable Brush Daily Find
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer Pasta Extruder Daily Find
- 15 Fun & Stylish Cases for the Kindle Fire
- Do You Buy Ingredients or Specialty Foods Online?
- How To Make a Simple Princess Bed Apartment Therapy Tutorials