- Location: Cambridge, ON and online
- Website: aga-ranges.com
Usually we think of cast iron stoves as coal-black potbellied pieces, but British company Aga is sort of like the Le Creuset of cast iron stoves — they coat their ovens in colored enamel that gives them a slick and glossy surface.
They sell electric and gas ranges that claim to retain heat exceptionally well. The first Aga stove — a cast-iron cooker — was patented in 1922 by Swedish inventor Nils Gustaf Dalen. By the 1930s, Agas were being sold in the UK, and the company was established in England.
Over the last 80 years, Aga has continued to produce the classic cast iron cooker and has expanded its inventory to include undercounter refrigerators, dishwashers, wine cellars, and stainless steel appliances.
Prices are steep for these stoves, falling anywhere between $5,000 and $10,000. Dishwashers and refrigerators are less expensive, ranging from $500 to $3,000. Aga has a North American subsidiary in Ontario, Canada, and their ranges and appliances are sold through several retailers in the US, including Homeclick.com, Amazon.com, Vintage Tub & Bath, and AJ Madison.
Any first-hand reviews of Aga products? Let us know your experience in the comments.
- 36-inch Legacy Dual Fuel Range
- 44-inch Legacy Dual Fuel Range
- 36-inch Self-Cleaning Pro Range
- 36-Inch Legacy Electric Range
- Six Four Electric Oven Series
- Double Drawer Regrigerator at AJ Madison
- 24-inch Undercounter Refrigerator at AJ Madison
- Pro-Plus 24-Inch Wine Cellar at AJ Madison
- Aga Electric Stove at Vintage Tub & Bath
- 24-inch Refrigerated Drawers at Vintage Tub & Bath