Read on for our essentials, and then we're curious to know yours.
Beyond the obvious basics (a working set of appliances, for instance) here are our non-negotiables:
• Good amount of counter space, or room to put an extra butcher block
• Natural light
• A lot of storage
• Clean! A kitchen that has been taken care of.
Not necessary, but would be nice...
• Dishwasher - we cook for big parties a lot, and the cleanup gets tiresome.
• Gas stove - we've been cooking on electric for a long time
• Electric oven - really prefer the electric oven over gas!
More than any of those things, it has to feel good, like we know intuitively that we'll enjoy cooking there.
OK - our list is pretty general and basic - what are your non-negotiables when looking for a new kitchen?
Related: On Moving Kitchens
(Image: Jill Slater for House Tour: Giulia's 'Fantasy Girl' Formula at AT:NY)