Valentine's Day is not everyone's cup of tea...or box of chocolates, as it were. For those who would rather celebrate the holiday with a bunch of friends instead of a table for two, we have some cheeky ideas for garlic-laden, single-serving, and mess-your-dress dishes that are right up your alley.• Roasted Whole Garlic Crostini from The Food Network
- Let's get things started off right.
• Parsley and Pancetta Salad from Saveur - Bit of parsley stuck in your teeth? No worries tonight!
• Raclette from The New York Times - Nothing clears a room faster than this stinky (but oh so delicious!) cheese-and-potatoes dish.
• Ribs with Black Vinegar Sauce from Gourmet - Sticky, messy, good.
• Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic from Fine Cooking - Why not keep things going with more garlic?
• Panang Tofu Curry from Bon Appétit - So spicy you won't need to cuddle.
• Pistachio Brittle with Ice Cream from Martha Stewart - Shards of sugar to nibble at the end of the meal.
• Individual Chocolate Mousse Cheesecakes from Epicurious - You get the whole bowl to yourself.
Are you going to an Anti-Valentine's Party? What are you bringing?
Related: Stinky! A Profile of Washed-Rind Cheeses
(Image: Romulo Yanes/Gourmet)