It's right about now that I started getting the bug to throw a dinner party. Farmers markets are opening and giving us fresh ingredients to play with. Rhubarb! English peas! Asparagus! If the weather continues to cooperate, dinner outdoors is a distinct possibility. And when I stumble across recipes like the creamy tagliatelle above, the party practically plans itself.TO START:
• Fresh Ricotta and Fava Bean Bruschetta from Epicurious - A perfect way to highlight fresh fava beans.
• Asparagus-Gruyere Tart from Martha Stewart - Puff pastry makes this an easy appetizer to throw together just before guests arrive.
ON THE TABLE:
• Tagliatelle with Proscuitto and Orange from The Bitten Word - Zach and Clay give this easy and decadent pasta dish from Bon Appétit two thumbs up.
• Steamed Veggies in Parchment Parcels from Leite's Culinaria - This is how I like serving spring veggies like asparagus and sweet peas: simply steamed so their fresh flavors can stand on their own.
• Elegant Pork Chops from Saveur - It's the sauce that makes these chops memorable.
• Almond Cake from Orangette - Not too sweet but just sweet enough.
• Grapefruit Campari Sorbet from David Lebovitz - A fresh way to end the meal.
Do you have the dinner party bug? What will you be serving?
Related: 7 Bright, Refreshing Ways to Toast Spring
(Image with permission from The Bitten Word)