Getting the meal from the kitchen to an outdoor table is often our biggest challenge when it comes to dining outside. To help with this, we have large, round plastic trays. They're roomy enough to make the job much easier, and stackable so they store away without taking up much space when they're not in use. While ours are nothing pretty to look at, here are some options that are:
• 1 A galvanized tray like this one from Cooking.com is the perfect staple for outdoor dining. $14
• 2 This Wood Flag Serving Tray at Sur la Table could go artsy (think Jasper Johns) or patriotic for the upcoming holiday. $30
• 3 On the very high end, this George Nakashima tray by Knoll is available at All Modern. $325
• 4 These lacquered trays from Gracious Home are so elegant for indoors or out. $150
• 5 Go graphic with the Marimekko Taikamylly Tray. $85
• 6 The round Buri Weave Tray from Pottery Barn is a timeless classic. $69
• 7 We love the large rectangle wood tray from West Elm, in several glossy colors. $59
• 8 At only $8, the large BÄRBAR tray from IKEA could be purchased in multiples. $8
In our opinion, size really matters when it comes to selecting trays for outdoor dining. A broad, lightweight tray will carry more and be a real workhorse when it comes to getting the meal outside. After size, shape comes next. We prefer round trays because they hold more for their size, but a large rectangular tray can be very useful, too.
How do you get outdoor meals from kitchen to table? Any helpful hints to share with the rest of us? Please do in the comments below!
(Images: as linked to original sources above)