As we saw in the list of Forida's flavors and ingredients, it's not shy about using the fresh citrus, tropical fruits and vegetables, and abundant seafood available throughout the state either.
But enough talking: let's eat!
You only need to glance through the collection of recipes below to see how this cuisine is truly the sum of all the people and cultures who have made their way through Florida at one time or another.
Spanish, African, Latin, Island, even Indian cuisines have all left their mark. It's this fusion of these influences with local ingredients that makes Florida cuisine unique.
Main Dishes - Meat:
• Cuban Sandwich at Three Guys from Miami
• Roast Pork Loin with Pickled Caramelized Guavas at Epicurious
• Spicy Mojo Chicken with Mango-Avocado Salsa at AllRecipes.com
• Ropa Vieja at Epicurious
Main Dishes - Seafood:
• Grilled Mahi Mahi with Tamarind Glaze at Epicurious
• Grilled Shrimp with Spicy Tamarind Dipping Sauce at Epicurious
• Keys Conch Chowder at Cooks.com
• Gator Jambalaya at Florida Seafood
• Curried Stone Crab Claws with Hot Marmalade Sauce at Florida Seafood
• Ginger-Honey Amberjack at Florida Seafood
What else would you add to this list?