In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: The Senate passes the food safety reform bill. Plus, bees turning red mysteriously (has to do with Red Dye No. 40) and 5 ways to make healthier cookies.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Senate Passes Food Safety Reform (But...) - TIME
• Healthful Food Takes No Holiday at the White House - NY Times
• 'Fresh' food may be a year old - Sydney Morning Herald
• Oregon's crab boats still in port, season in jeopardy - Oregonian
• NYC bees, honey turn red from cherry juice - Boston Globe
• Panel: Don't Go Overboard on Vitamin D - NPR
• 60-day spud diet comes to a (healthy) end - MSNBC
• Gordon Ramsay thrown to the sharks in new UK show - NY Post
• Whole Foods' Cheddar Latest in String of Cheese Recalls - NPR
• 5 Secrets for Baking Healthier Cookies - Eating Well
(Image: Food News Journal)