We're going to be the bearers of bad news up front: We don't have the recipe for this beautiful plum cake. (It's from Flickr and the comments aren't in English, unfortunately.) But it served as inspiration for finding a bunch of recipes to use up the bounty of yellow plums we got in our CSA this week...
Our plums are small and sweet with a thinner, less tart skin than larger purple plums. We've been considering individual cobblers, maybe some jam, but they're so pretty and jewel-like, we thought we might highlight them in a more inventive way.
This tart over at Smitten Kitchen is tempting — and a close cousin to the photo above:
- Nectarine, Mascarpone, and Gingersnap Tart at Smitten Kitchen. We're thinking of substituting plums for the nectarines.
We also found these recipes that specifically call for yellow plums:
- Yellow Plum and Mint Cheesecake with Almond Mascarpone at Aapplemint. (They look more like fools to us.)
- Yellow Plum Sorbet (yum) from The Boston Globe.
And more plum recipes from our archives:
- Plum Caipirinha
- Plum Coffeecake with Cinnamon Streusel
- Spiced Cream and Plum Verrines
- Plum Cinnamon Jam
- Plum and Earl Grey Preserves