Peaches and tomatoes – it wouldn't be summer without them, but up until recently, we'd never eaten them at the same time. Hurrah for new taste discoveries! The golden sweetness of ripe peaches and rich, tangy flavor of heirloom tomatoes are wonderful together. Have you ever tried this combination?
We first tried this pairing after reading an article in The Guardian on "The 100 easiest, fastest recipes" for summer, and it's true – a salad of peaches and tomatoes, plus a little fresh basil, oil, and a crack of black pepper is a ridiculously simple but uniquely flavorful summer recipe. Here are a few other peach and tomato recipes we've found, and we'd love to hear your take on this combination!
• Peach, Tomato and Basil Salad, from The Guardian
• Garden Greens with Yellow Tomatoes and Peaches, from Bon Appétit
• Minted Peach and Tomato Salad, from Martha Stewart
• Peach and Tomato Gazpacho, from Gourmet
• Pork Tenderloin with Tomato-Peach Compote, from Gourmet
• Tomato, Radicchio and Grilled-Peach Salad with Basil Oil, from Food & Wine
Related: Peaches and Goat Cheese
(Image: Emily Ho)