In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A scientist is working to create "carneries" or meat-growing labs. Plus, food you can inhale (literally), and NPR's reasons why bacon is a gateway meat for vegetarians.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal. • Why Bacon Is A Gateway To Meat For Vegetarians - NPR
• Rising Food Prices Can Topple Governments, Too - NPR
• Scientist works to grow meat in lab - Reuters
• Citrus plants to grow in the Bay Area - SF Chronicle
• More food banks offer fresh fruits, vegetables - USA Today
• Kids fed unhealthy foods learn to prefer them - USA Today
• Food is Now Huffable - NBC Bay Area
• Columbus, Ohio, a new destination for food lovers - Washington Post
• Basque glories - Financial Times
• Black Ops: Truffle Tours - TIME
• Read more of today's food news and blogs at Food News Journal or subscribe to their daily email.
(Image: Food News Journal)