We think we've found a winner: Gorgonzola, walnut and grape.
We love this flavor combination on pizza, so we decided to try it out on top of our morning bowl of steel-cut oats. Delicious! And it only takes a very small amount of Gorgonzola to add a big dose of flavor, so we're still filing this one in the healthy column.
Here are a few other savory oatmeal recipes and ideas:
- Savory Oatmeal Muffins with sage, cheddar and Canadian bacon
- Savory Oatmeal with egg whites, cheese and chocolate almond milk
- Savory Oatmeal Scones with pepper jack cheese and red onion
- Oat Risotto with Peas and Pecorino
- Chowhound: Savory Oatmeal
Do you have a favorite savory oatmeal dish? Let us know in the comments.
(Image: Joanna Miller)