Now that the weather inspires us to fire up the oven more frequently, our minds have turned to all sorts of baked goods – and not just sweet ones. Savory quickbreads are great for autumn brunches, dinners, and potlucks, and recipes with cheese, herbs, and even bacon are sounding especially good right now.
We'd eat the gruyère and rosemary loaf every single day if we could, but we're also eager to try the beer bread with Manchego cheese and jalapeño peppers – it would be the perfect accompaniment to a cool weather chili or stew. Do you have any favorite quickbread recipes?
• 1 Cheese, Rosemary & Potato Loaf, from Jane Hornby/Good Food
• 2 Bacon-Cheddar Quick Bread with Dried Pears, from Dorie Greenspan/Bon Appétit
• 3 Basic Beer-Cheese Bread, from Cooking Light
• 4 Cheddar-Corn Spoon Bread, from Martha Stewart
• 5 Gruyère and Rosemary Cake, from Yotam Ottolenghi/The Guardian
Related: Word of Mouth: PDQ Bread
(Images: BBC Good Food, Laura Letinksy/Bon Appétit, Cooking Light, Martha Stewart Living, Colin Capbell/The Guardian)