Here are some of Saveur's vintage vegetarian picks...
• The New Cookery by Lenna Frances Cooper
• The Vegetarian Epicure by Anna Thomas
• Madhur Jaffrey's World-of-the-East, Vegetarian Cooking by Madhur Jaffrey
• The Savory Way by Deborah Madison
• The Vegetarian Hearth by Darra Goldstein
Do you agree with these picks? What are your favorite vegetarian cookbooks? Here are some of our current favorite vegetarian cookbooks. Also make sure to check out the rest of our April Saveur coverage...
• More-With-Less - Not strictly vegetarian, but absolutely a must-have classic for its treatment of whole grains and practical, family-friendly less-meat and meatless meals.
• Deborah Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone - Well-used, well-loved.
• Grub: Ideas for an Urban Organic Kitchen - Also not strictly vegetarian, but a great resource for eating veggies close to home.
• Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian
More Cookbook Coverage from The Kitchn
• Good Question: Resources for Going Vegetarian?
• What is Your Favorite New Cookbook?
• Fix it And Forget It: The Cookbooks Americans Love
• Readers' Favorite New Cookbooks