We just came across a post all about homemade sausages from Kris at To Be Mrs. Marv - and now we're jonesing to make our own sausage. How else are you going to get fresh ground sausage in flavors calibrated just to your taste, like Thai Spiced Chicken Sausage?
Kris does a beautiful job with these sausages, and we were impressed by how easy it looked. We've made sausages ourselves in the past but they were always rough patties - without casings.
• See the original post here: Sausages! Sausages! Sausages! Yum.
We were curious about where to find casings - turns out that Amazon has them. (Do they have everything? We think so.)
• 21 mm Collagen Casings, $6.99
• Recipe: Chickpea and Chorizo Soup
• Reader Input Needed: How to Use Porkback
• A&S Pork Store: Brooklyn, NY
• Good Product: Fra Mani Handcrafted Salumi & Italian Sausages
• Recipe: Orecchiette with Chorizo and Sage
(All images: Kris Hase at To Be Mrs. Marv)