- Toronto Canada
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- My kitchen has great "inset" cupboard doors with latch hardware, a great layout, a nice nook in the corner for tea or reading, and some fun accessories, like an antique style payphone.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.:
- My kitchen used to be cute (see the "before" pic), but battered and not very functional - there was only one 5-foot stretch of cabinets, and the uppers weren't deep enough to hold a dinner plate. I gutted the whole thing and finished it in a butler's pantry style, with double the counter space. I painted the old wood floors dark brown and the walls a yummy green. Unfortunately the cabinet makers didn't make the microwave nook big enough for the microwave, so I keep baking dishes in there.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?:
- I like to bake (rhubarb muffins, lemon loaf, angel food cake, peanut butter cookies and the list goes on) so I have the main counter space set up with all my baking needs in arm's reach.
More posts in Small Cool Kitchens 2012
KitchnVideo of the Day