Salad making can be divided into three basic parts: prepping the ingredients, making the dressing, and tossing it all together. Simple, right? While each part isn't that hard, there are little tricks and tips that can help you go from making just an okay salad to a great one.
From the best ways to wash and dry lettuce to easy ways to make homemade croutons, we've put together our best salad-making tips together here. We hope you'll try some of these tips out and they become a permanent part of your salad-making routine!
Tips for washing, drying, and storing lettuce
- How to Wash Lettuce
- Can You Really Use a Pillowcase to Dry Lettuce?
- How Dorie Greenspan Keeps Her Salad Greens Fresh
- Best Way to Keep Greens Fresh? The Bath Towel Method
Other salad ingredient tips
- Onions in Salads: Soak Them in Water First
- Make Quick Garlic Croutons in the Toaster
- Sprinkle Breadcrumbs on Your Salads
- Salt and Drain Cucumbers and Zucchini
- Add Fresh Fruit to Green Salads
- France Taught Me a Better Way to Dress a Great Salad
- The Best Way to Taste Your Homemade Salad Dressing
- Use the Last Tiny Bit of Jam to Make Easy Jam Jar Salad Vinaigrettes
- No-Waste Salad Dressing from a Mustard Jar
- Make Big Jars of Homemade Dressing
Our best tips for putting your salad together
- 5 Tips for Making a Week's Worth of Salads on Sunday
- How to Pack the Perfect Salad in a Jar
- Rub the Salad Bowl with Garlic
- Try This Simple Tip for Perfectly Dressed Salads