There's a reason the farmhouse table remains a classic: made of solid wood with a thick, sturdy top and legs, this is a table you can sit at for hours and eat on for years.
While turned legs are traditional, I'm partial to the more modern, straight-leg version with no tabletop overhang. As these 10 tables show, the unbroken lines make for a very sleek yet rustic look that's so lovely.
- Carroll Farm Dining Table, $599 - $799 from West Elm
- Blox 35x91 Dining Table, $999 from CB2
- Big Sur Natural 90.5" Dining Table, $1,799 from Crate & Barrel
- Plank Dining Table by Gus*Modern, $930 from AllModern
- Teek Kubus Table, $2,000 from Lekker
- Mapp Table, $2,595 - $3,800 from DWR
- Andover Table, $1,699 from Room and Board
- Flynn Dining Table, $999 from Crate & Barrel
- Urban Craftsman Dining Table, $708 from Wayfair
- Loft Parsons Style Dining Wood Table, $950 from AllModern
Don't you just want to invite over a dozen friends for a big meal now? If you have experience with any of the tables above, tell us!