With My Great Outdoors starting this week, we're expecting to see a lot of outdoor settings with a grill in the background. And no doubt there will be steaks and chicken and maybe even some potatoes under the grill grate. But what about dessert? We've got eight delicious options, below...
Grilled desserts pretty much stick to one of two categories: fruit (mostly peaches and pineapple) and cake (mostly pound). You need something sturdy and grabbable to hold up on a hot grill. But there's also opportunity to grill a rustic crostata—much like grilling a pizza—and we have a few other unexpected options here. Take a look:
• Grilled Peaches with Bourbon-Vanilla Whipped Cream, from the Kitchn.
• Grilled Strawberries with Pimm's and Ice Cream, from Jamie Oliver.
• Rustic Apricot Tart, from Simply Recipes.
• Grilled Banana Split Sundae with Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce, from Food Network
• Grilled Rum-Basted Pineapple with Sorbet, from Bon Appétit (above, left).
• Grilled Peaches with Fresh Raspberry Sauce, from Bon Appétit (above, right).
• Grilled Pound Cake with Mexican Chocolate Sauce and Tropical Fruit, from Food and Wine.
• Grilled Lime Pound Cake with Raspberry Sorbet, from Chow.
What are your favorite grilled desserts?
Related: Survey: Do You Grill?
(Images: Dave Lauridsen and Con Poulos for Bon Appétit)