Not that we have anything against gazpacho. We love it. But sometimes it's the only cold soup people consider when summer rolls around. We've rounded up some other warm-weather options, like cucumber, corn with crayfish, and one you can make in your blender with leftover vegetables from the fridge...
Often we think of chilled soups as an appetizer or a side dish to a more hearty meal. But add a half a sandwich or just a big slice of toast, and we think most of these could be a main course.
From the Kitchn:
• Chilled Pea Soup with Radish and Mango Relish
• Chilled Buttermilk Soup
• Fridge-Clearing Avocado Soup
From the Web:
&bull Cool Cucumber and Dill Soup, from Martha Stewart (above left)
• Chilled Corn and Crayfish Soup, from Martha Stewart (above right)
• Chilled Cucumber Soup with Smoked Salmon and Dill, from Bon Appétit
• Chilled Corn Soup with Herbed Chicken, from Gourmet
• Chilled Zucchini Soup, from Gourmet
• Chilled Watermelon Soup, from Self
Related: Love or Hate: What Do You Think about Fruit Soups?