Not that we have anything against gazpacho. We love it. But sometimes it's the only cold soup people consider when summer rolls around. We've rounded up some other warm-weather options, like cucumber, corn with crayfish, and one you can make in your blender with leftover vegetables from the fridge...Often we think of chilled soups as an appetizer or a side dish to a more hearty meal. But add a half a sandwich or just a big slice of toast, and we think most of these could be a main course.
From the Kitchn:
• Chilled Pea Soup with Radish and Mango Relish
• Chilled Buttermilk Soup
• Fridge-Clearing Avocado Soup
From the Web:
&bull Cool Cucumber and Dill Soup, from Martha Stewart (above left)
• Chilled Corn and Crayfish Soup, from Martha Stewart (above right)
• Chilled Cucumber Soup with Smoked Salmon and Dill, from Bon Appétit
• Chilled Corn Soup with Herbed Chicken, from Gourmet
• Chilled Zucchini Soup, from Gourmet
• Chilled Watermelon Soup, from Self
Related: Love or Hate: What Do You Think about Fruit Soups?