Roasting strawberries at a high temperature draws out their natural juices and sugars, leaving the softest, sweetest berries you'll ever taste. It's actually a great thing to do if you have loads of strawberries that are starting to reach their prime, but no immediate plans for what to do with them.
Roasted strawberries are wonderful as is, spooned into plain yogurt in the morning, or mixed into a basic oatmeal. I've also been known to fold them into a simple muffin batter for special spring muffins. But when it comes right down to it, I think roasted strawberries deserve a proper place at the dessert table. Here are a few delicious places to begin:
• Roasted Strawberry and Coconut Milk Popsicles - The Year in Food
• Roasted Strawberry Napolean - Martha Stewart
• Roasted Strawberry, Brie, and Chocolate Grilled Cheese - How Sweet It Is
• Roasted Strawberry Coconut Milk Ice Cream - Sprouted Kitchen
• Cornmeal Cake with Roasted Strawberries and Buttermilk Ice Cream - Dearest Nature
Do you roast strawberries? What's your favorite thing to do with them?
(Image: How Sweet It Is)