Hot, savory breakfast sandwiches aren't just reserved for morning meals, of course. But smoked salmon, eggs, avocado or bacon make an especially welcome appearance on the breakfast plate, whether served open-faced on pumpernickel bread, or stuffed inside a buttermilk biscuit. I'm especially taken by the Fried Egg Sandwich with Kimchi and Bacon recipe below, which sounds like both the perfect way to start the day as well as the best midnight snack ever.
Recipes to Try:
• Egg Sandwich with Mustard Greens and Avocado at Food & Wine
• Fried-Egg Sandwich with Kimchi and Bacon at Tasting Table
• Zucchini-Tomato Frittata Sandwiches at Bon Appetit
• Egg and Chorizo Breakfast Torta at Food Blogga
• Prosciutto and Poached Egg Sandwiches with Mustard-Wine Sauce at Sunset
• Smoked Salmon Sandwiches with Capers and Red Onion Relish at Bon Appetit
• Breakfast Biscuit Sandwiches at Food & Wine
What's your favorite breakfast sandwich?
(Image: Paul Costello/Food & Wine)