The first ripe, red, juicy tomatoes are hitting the markets, just in time for the Fourth of July! I have slowly ripening tomatoes on my own vines, too, and I can hardly wait to create my first summer tomato salad. So let's look forward to the juicy, delicious summer salads that await us this summer, with a dozen recipes that range from the classic caprese salad, to pasta salad with tomatoes and olives, to salads of sweet corn and chopped tomatoes. TOP ROW
• 1 Tomato Salad with Red Onion, Dill and Feta - A crunchy, savory, lively salad.
• 2 The Classic Caprese Salad - The classic.
• 3 BLT Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette - BLT in salad form!
• 4 Grilled Zucchini and Grape Tomato Salad - Put your grill to work and add some smoky flavor to your salad.
• 5 The Perfect Tomato Salad - Perfect, sublime.
• 6 Herbed Sweet Corn and Tomato Salad - My own favorite summer tomato salad.
• 7 Heirloom Tomato and Burrata Salad - It doesn't get better (or simpler) than this!
• 8 Roasted Garlic, Olive and Tomato Pasta Salad - A fabulous potluck and picnic recipe.
• 9 Tomato and Boquerones Salad with Garlicky Breadcrumbs - Piquant and savory.
• 10 Arugula with Orzo and Garden Tomatoes - A light lunch recipe, with tomatoes tossed with arugula and tomato.
Do you have a favorite tomato salad that didn't make this list?
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)