You have to love sour flavors if you want to cook with rhubarb. Most recipes offset the sourness with a good helping of sugar, but that tart and tangy flavor still shines through.
Personally, I love it! But then, I also grew up on it. We had a big rhubarb patch next to our house while I was growing up. It sat unnoticed for ten months out of the year - until the stalks slowly started blushing from green to red. Then we knew it was time to start cooking!
From the Kitchn:
From Elsewhere Around the Web:
• Rhubarb Sorbet with Vanilla Rhubarb Compote from Gourmet
• Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble from 101 Cookbooks
• Rhubarb Ginger Galette from Simply Recipes
• Rice Pudding with Poached Rhubarb from the Bitten Word
• Rhubarb Bars from Cook & Eat
What do you love to make with rhubarb?
(Image: Romulo Yanes/Gourmet)