Since joining The Kitchn this year, I've been so thankful to be able to think daily about design as it relates to such a function-intense space as the kitchen. It might come as no surprise that a few of my favorite posts are tours of kitchens. They're just full of so much life and detail and activity that they're the posts I revisit most often. There's definitely room for some food-centric posts in there too, though:
My Favorite Posts from The Kitchn
- Kitchen Tour: Paule Caillat's Splendid Paris Kitchen - This is such an energetic kitchen that's chock full of inspiration. I love that green hallway beyond that's glimpsed between the bookcases.
- Quick Guide to Every Herb and Spice in the Cupboard - This post of Emma's was extremely popular: And for good reason! I find myself referring back to it as an excellent resource all the time.
- Kitchen Tour: Michelle Cooks with Art - This is my dream NYC kitchen. I look back on Jill's tour often for reminders of what makes this kitchen so great (namely the porthole door!).
- Recipe: Cranberry Tart with Hazelnut Crust - Sara Kate's recipe is so beautifully presented and I find these flavors eminently appealing.
- On Community Cookbooks - Reading the comments on this post is what made it one of my favorites. Coming from a family where community cookbooks are kept and used, I loved hearing from others who also cherish them.
My Favorite Posts from Around the Web
- Remodelista's Steal This Look: San Francisco Kitchen by Schwartz & Architecture - I love the Steal This Look feature at Remodelista, and this kitchen has plenty of inspiration for such a post.
- Tearing Up Houses' Before + After Pictures: The Historic House By The Water Kitchen - I've loved following Kelly's kitchen remodel in her Historic House by the Water.
- Chowhound's Lunch in Lawrence, KS? - Having recently relocated to this town, I've referred to these excellent recommendations from Chowhound readers on multiple occasions this year.
- The Way the Cookie Crumbles' How To Adapt Any Bread Recipe To Be Whole Wheat - I've been reducing the refined grains in my diet and incorporating lots more whole grains over the last 8 months or so and have found this post to be a helpful reference.
- The Beach Cottage's DIY IKEA Kitchen & A Mini Makeover Special - This kitchen inspired me from the first time I laid eyes on it. Boy, do I miss IKEA.
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's end-of-year roundup! We are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the last year, including lots of recipes. We are also shaking out our reader mailbag, and giving you a few more great guest posts from our friends.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)
KitchnVideo of the Day