Since joining The Kitchn this year, I've been so thankful to be able to think daily about design as it relates to such a function-intense space as the kitchen. It might come as no surprise that a few of my favorite posts are tours of kitchens. They're just full of so much life and detail and activity that they're the posts I revisit most often. There's definitely room for some food-centric posts in there too, though:
My Favorite Posts from The Kitchn
- Kitchen Tour: Paule Caillat's Splendid Paris Kitchen - This is such an energetic kitchen that's chock full of inspiration. I love that green hallway beyond that's glimpsed between the bookcases.
- Quick Guide to Every Herb and Spice in the Cupboard - This post of Emma's was extremely popular: And for good reason! I find myself referring back to it as an excellent resource all the time.
- Kitchen Tour: Michelle Cooks with Art - This is my dream NYC kitchen. I look back on Jill's tour often for reminders of what makes this kitchen so great (namely the porthole door!).
- Recipe: Cranberry Tart with Hazelnut Crust - Sara Kate's recipe is so beautifully presented and I find these flavors eminently appealing.
- On Community Cookbooks - Reading the comments on this post is what made it one of my favorites. Coming from a family where community cookbooks are kept and used, I loved hearing from others who also cherish them.
My Favorite Posts from Around the Web
- Remodelista's Steal This Look: San Francisco Kitchen by Schwartz & Architecture - I love the Steal This Look feature at Remodelista, and this kitchen has plenty of inspiration for such a post.
- Tearing Up Houses' Before + After Pictures: The Historic House By The Water Kitchen - I've loved following Kelly's kitchen remodel in her Historic House by the Water.
- Chowhound's Lunch in Lawrence, KS? - Having recently relocated to this town, I've referred to these excellent recommendations from Chowhound readers on multiple occasions this year.
- The Way the Cookie Crumbles' How To Adapt Any Bread Recipe To Be Whole Wheat - I've been reducing the refined grains in my diet and incorporating lots more whole grains over the last 8 months or so and have found this post to be a helpful reference.
- The Beach Cottage's DIY IKEA Kitchen & A Mini Makeover Special - This kitchen inspired me from the first time I laid eyes on it. Boy, do I miss IKEA.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)