Red, white & blue — flag cakes with lines of blueberries and strawberries will adorn picnic tables all over the nation this weekend. As much as we love this classic Independence Day dessert, we were also in search of other, more creative ideas. We took a spin around the food blogosphere and found some delicious red, white & blue treats, from all-natural fruit pops to layered parfaits, to an amazing flag cake with all the color inside instead of on top. Come peek at all 15 treats!
• 1 Fruit Pops - From Bakers Royale.
• 2 4th of July Toast - At Taste and Tell.
• 3 Patriotic Push Pop Cake - At Love from the Oven.
• 4 Mini Berry Pies - At Yummy Mummy.
• 5 Patriotic Lollipops - At Couldn't Be Parve.
• 6 Stained Glass Jello - At Gimme Some Oven!
• 7 4th of July Ice Cream Sundaes - At Bake at 350.
• 8 July 4th Flag Cake - At The Secret Life of a Chef's Wife.
• 9 Fruited-Cheesecake Flag - At Martha Stewart.
• 10 Patriotic Pops - At Pennies on a Platter.
• 11 Flag Cookies - At Marzipan.
• 12 Fourth of July Fireworks Cookies - At A Cup of Sugar A Pinch of Salt.
• 13 Red, White and Blueberry Sour Cream Tart - At Nutmeg Nanny.
• 14 Fourth of July Sangria - At The Hazel Bloom.
• 15 Red, White, and Blue Parfaits - From Martha Stewart.
Do you have a special 4th of July dessert?
Related: Fourth of July Flag Cake: A Pretty, Round Alternative
(Images: Naomi of Bakers Royale; Deborah of Taste and Tell; Christi at Love from the Oven; Marina of Yummy Mummy; Couldn't Be Parve; Ali of Gimme Some Oven; Bridget of Bake at 350; The Secret Life of a Chef's Wife; Martha Stewart; Nikki of Pennies on a Platter; Deanna of Marzipan; Kat of At A Cup of Sugar A Pinch of Salt; Brandy of Nutmeg Nanny; Kare of The Hazel Bloom; Martha Stewart)