Don't worry, we're going to get to the traditional flag cake. It's a classic! And so easy and festive. But first, how gorgeous is this patriotic layered cake? It's from Bree at Baked Bree, and we think it's stunning. Bree's cake is a riff on the super epic rainbow cake that Whisk Kid made (blog) famous. It is definitely more labor-intensive than decorating a sheet cake with strawberries and blueberries. But it really lights our fireworks, if you know what we're saying...
• 1. Layered Flag Cake, at Baked Bree
• 2. Big Star, No Stripes, from The Kitchn
• 3. Old Glory Cherry-Blueberry Pie, from Sunset
• 4. Traditional Flag Cake, from Ina Garten
• 5. Fruit Flag!, from The Kitchn (via Flickr)
Related: Tasteful Red, White, and Blue Food for the Fourth
(Images: Bree Hester; Holland Burns; James Carrier/Sunset; FoodNetwork.com; Flickr member randysonofrobert)