Strawberries are just coming into season, and what a treat they are! Juicy, dripping with scarlet juice, and just the right size for snacking. I love a big bowl of strawberries for dessert; they don't need anything more than a splash of cream to be a luxurious treat. But when I feel the urge to make something just slightly more involved, I turn to one of these recipes. From a delicious icebox cake to the perfect strawberry shake, and from simple strawberry trifles to strawberry milk, there's something here for everyone.
• 1 Strawberries, Sour Cream and Brown Sugar - A simple, 3-ingredient dessert, and perhaps my all-time favorite way to enjoy fresh strawberries.
• 2 No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake - Another simple recipe: Strawberries layered with graham crackers and whipped cream.
• 3 Strawberry–Nutella Pop Tarts - A treat for breakfast (or dessert!).
• 4 Stovetop Strawberry Dumplings - Another good treat for breakfast, these dumplings are barely sweet yet oh-so yummy.
• 5 Strawberry Tart with Rich Mascarpone Cream, Dark Chocolate Bits, and a Toasted Oatmeal Shortbread Crust (Plus Ganache) - A mouthful of a name, and one of my favorite tart crusts.
Make Your Own Strawberry Milk! - Yes, you can make that sweet pink milk at home!
• 7 Strawberry and Balsamic Basil Soda - A sweet, fizzy way to end a summer meal.
• 8 Strawberries with Chimayó Chile - Strawberries with a touch of heat.
• 9 Tofu and Strawberry Tart - A lightened-up strawberry tart.
• 10 Strawberry Milk Cake - Hot pink cake — so sweet and yummy.
• 11 How To Make a Killer Strawberry Milkshake - The perfect strawberry milkshake.
• 12 Gluten-Free Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp - Strawberries and rhubarb under a crunchy topping.
• 13 Clean-Out-the-Freezer Strawberry Trifles - Another simple dessert.
• 14 Strawberry Ice Cream with Cacao Nibs - Sweet strawberries accented by dark, savory cacao nibs.
• 15 Strawberry-Yogurt Popsicles - Summery and light.
Do you have another favorite way to eat strawberries for dessert? We'd love to hear about it!
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)