I really don't know who designates days to be all about a certain food. The industry? Intensely enthusiastic fans of Nutella, Fig Newtons, and Peach Melba? Well, whomever decided that today is National Burger Day seems both a little late and right on time. Memorial Day is over, and with it a lot of burger grilling action. But the holiday kicks off a whole summer of burgers — are they in your menu plans?
From a tutorial on grilling the juiciest burger ever, to homemade hamburger buns, to lots of vegetarian burgers (including my own favorite, black bean and edamame burgers — yum!), we have 10 recipes to get National Burger Day off to a good start!
Burgers with Meat
- How to Grill Really Juicy Burgers
- Beef & Bacon Burger Blend
- Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's Spiced Lamb Burgers
- Best-Ever Veggie Burgers
- Black Bean Edamame Burgers
- Beef-Free Bean Burger
- Wild Rice Burgers
- Tofu-Hijiki Patties
- Jared's Portabella Mushroom Burger
- How to Make Your Own Hamburger Buns