I need dessert help! Since the weather this weekend is going to be gorgeous in NYC, my family has opted for a Picnic Easter outside somewhere, instead of a cooped up Formal Easter. We are five adults and one 2 and a half year old, and I'd like to make something springy, portable and festive for dessert.... but I'm stumped! Any help?
Well, Lis, try a recipe from this list, and maybe our readers will have some good advice for you too! We've marked the desserts below that we think would be most portable for an Easter picnic — what a lovely prospect, by the way!
Easter Brunch Recipes
• Smoky Deviled Eggs with Greek Yogurt
• Elegant Pancetta Cups (With Eggs Inside)
• Lemon Frittata with Leeks and Goat Cheese (also see frittata squares)
• Asparagus with Poached Egg, Tarragon and Chives
• "Ham and Cheese" Breakfast Casserole
• How To Make Individual Easter Egg Cakes
• Ina Garten's Lemon Cake - Picnic-friendly, especially in cupcake or loaf form.
• Hot Pink Raspberry Cake - Another picnic-friendly recipe!
• Lemon Yogurt Cake with Ginger-Thyme Syrup - Very picnic-friendly!
• Rhubarb Lavender Crumble
More Easter Projects & Pretty Things
• Vibrant Eggs, Dyed Naturally
• How to Make Onion-Skin Easter Eggs
• Rice Krispie Easter Eggs from Bouchon Bakery
• How To Make Golden Chocolate Easter Eggs
• How To Make Homemade Marshmallow Peeps!
• How To Make Diorama Sugar Eggs
Readers, what are you cooking this weekend, and do you want to add anything to this list of Easter brunch dishes?
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)