With general vegetarian, low-fat, gluten-free and dairy-free versions, there are lots of options to choose from. Check out a few that have caught our eye below.
Across the board, the recipes that have popped up in our inbox have looked healthy and inviting, no-doubt helped by photos bursting with color and lots of fresh ingredients. Here are a few we've been meaning to try (and now is the time!):
- Sunny Raw Nori Rolls – A sunflower seed paste stands in for rice.
- Spinach and Red Mustard Salad with Chickpea Dal
- Grapefruit-Soba Noodle Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Peanut Butter-Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
- Garlicky Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Tatsoi, Mizuna and Edamame Salad with Sesame Dressing
(Images: Vegetarian Times)