We feel like a kid in a candy store whenever we visit The Spice House in Chicago's Old Town neighborhood, browsing the jars of exotic spices and classic herbs. Browsing the site's recipe library is almost as fun.
Submitted by customers, Spice House staff, chefs and cookbook authors, the recipes are reviewed by the company before they're published. There are nearly 600 recipes in the database, and they're categorized by course, ingredient and cuisine.
We've been browsing the Thanksgiving section, and found a lot of dishes we'd love to try. Here are a few that stood out:
- Chili Turkey Meatballs With Chipotle-Tomato Cream Gravy
- Turkey with Poblano Mole Sauce
- Duck, Apple & Manchego Cheese Salad
- Goat Cheese Potato Galette with Fennel Pollen
- Luxurious Turkey-Mushroom Risotto with White Truffle Oil
- Mustard Greens, Nepalese-style
- Roasted Tandoori Acorn Squash
Related: Two Thumbs Up: Spices In the Drawer
(Image: The Spice House)