roasting them before layering them into the crust, etc. — and every recipe is different. We've rounded up quite a few, below, some of which involve making a crust from scratch, while others use puff pastry. One, from Melissa Clark, makes individual tartlets (so pretty). You can add olives or other toppings, but we like ours simple — maybe some basil and a bit of cheese. What about you?
Some recipes to try:
- Oven-Dried Tomato Tart with Goat Cheese and Black Olives from Epicurious (top)
- Heirloom Tomato Tart in a Parmesan Crust from 101 Cookbooks
- Tomato Ricotta Tart from Everyday Food
- Cherry Tomato Tart from Martha Stewart (above)
- Summer Tomato Tart from the San Francisco Chronicle
- Multicolored Tomato Tartlets from The New York Times