On Friday we showed you some squatty, round, "8-ball" zucchini we saw at the farmers' market. The sign read, "Good for stuffing," lo and behold, there are lots of good recipes to prove it. We'll be going back form some 8-balls this week...
The stuffing can have meat in it or be vegetarian, and we think a stuffed vegetable always makes a nice presentation. Everyone gets his or her own edible vessel, brimming with good stuff.
These 8-ball zucchini are new to us, but we know many of you are growing them in your gardens. Whether you're harvesting your own or buying them at the market, here's some stuffing inspiration:
8-Ball Zucchini Stuffed With...
• Rice, Basil, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes, from FatFree Vegan Kitchen (pictured above)
• Veal, Celery, and Watercress, from La Tartine Gourmande
• Rice, Boursin, and Olives, from A Veggie Venture
• Ground Beef, Rice, and Red Pepper, from Kalyn's Kitchen
• Spinach, Tomato, and Parmesan, from Cooking Light
Related: In Praise of the Melon Baller (for scooping out the flesh!)
(Image: Susan at FatFree Vegan Kitchen. Used with permission.)