It's Pet Design Month over at our AT home sites, so we thought we'd throw a little Kitchn love out to the four-legged crowd. If we're going to celebrate healthy home cooking in September, who's to say dogs and cats can't be part of it? Get recipes, below...
With pet food recalls on the rise (there was another yesterday), it does make sense that homemade pet food—made with animal-friendly ingredients—is safer. That is, if you have the time to be making from-scratch food for your cat or dog. Maybe start with a special occasion dog biscuit and see how it goes.
Here are some resources:
- Homemade Pet Food, with dog and cat recipes, plus a list of ingredients to avoid, from All Recipes
- Bacon Dog Biscuits and Canine Quiche, from Healthy Dog Food
- Dog Biscuits, from Martha Stewart
- Savory Cheese Treats and Chick N'Biscuits for cats, from Pet Place
- Homemade Dog Food Recipes, from CD Kitchen
- Homemade Cat Food Recipes, from CD Kitchen