With pet food recalls on the rise (there was another yesterday), it does make sense that homemade pet food—made with animal-friendly ingredients—is safer. That is, if you have the time to be making from-scratch food for your cat or dog. Maybe start with a special occasion dog biscuit and see how it goes.
Here are some resources:
- Homemade Pet Food, with dog and cat recipes, plus a list of ingredients to avoid, from All Recipes
- Bacon Dog Biscuits and Canine Quiche, from Healthy Dog Food
- Dog Biscuits, from Martha Stewart
- Savory Cheese Treats and Chick N'Biscuits for cats, from Pet Place
- Homemade Dog Food Recipes, from CD Kitchen
- Homemade Cat Food Recipes, from CD Kitchen