We have a bunch of carrots lazing around in the fridge, and slaw sounds like the perfect way to use them up. It's a typically summer, picnicky dish, but using carrots seems to ease it into fall... The classic carrot slaw we remember has raisins and a mayonnaise dressing, but when we went digging for recipes, we turned up a few more sophisticated options. The one above, from Gourmet, has fennel, sun-dried tomatoes, and an olive dressing. There's also one with figs, plus a few basic version with simple vinaigrettes.
- Fennel and Carrot Slaw with Olive Dressing from Gourmet
- Beet, Cabbage, and Carrot Slaw from Martha Stewart
- Fig and Carrot Slaw from Epicurious
- Carrot Saw from Alton Brown
- Carrot Slaw from My Recipes
- Carrot Slaw from Whole Foods