Apple cider makes delicious drinks, doughnuts and cakes. On the savory side, it pairs well with chicken and pork. Here are a few recipes to inspire you to pick up some cider next time you're at the farmers' market or apple orchard.
• Cider Spiced Cake from Epicurious
• Apple Cider Doughnuts from Smitten Kitchen
• Ricotta Apple Cake with Cider-Maple Glaze from Pour Girl Gourmet
• Spiced Apple Cider Sorbet from The Kitchn
• Apple Cider Jelly with Rosemary and Peppercorns from Local Kitchen
• Mussels in Apple Cider from nami-nami
• Cider-Braised Pork Shoulder with Caramelized Onions from Epicurious
• Chicken with Cider and Bacon Sauce from Cooking Light
Related: Do You Ever Drink Hard Cider?