It's a long weekend! Ready to hit the back porch? Is it still hot out? Here are 15 icy-cold drinks to beat the heat. We left all the cocktails off the list; these are kid-friendly and just fine for sipping at 10am. There's a green tea milkshake, and another one made of strawberries and ice cream. There are fruity aguas frescas, and Thai iced tea. There are spritzers, smoothies, and a shakerato! Read on for lots and lots of chilly summer goodness.
Personally, I am wildly craving a watermelon agua fresca — maybe one topped off with a splash of soda water? I really can't get enough fizzy water in the summertime. The smoothies are calling to me too, though — something fruity, something sweet?
• Michelle's Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade
• How To Make Lemon Shake Ups at Home
• Watermelon-Lime and Honeydew-Basil Aguas Frescas
• West African Ginger Drink
• Blackberry Elderflower Spritzer with Mint
Milkshakes & Smoothies
• Green Tea Matcha Shake
• Mango Yogurt Smoothie
• Killer Strawberry Milkshake
• Frozen Banana-Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Milkshakes
• Frothy, Creamy, Refreshing Strawberry Lassis
Coffee & Tea
• How To Make Sweet Tea
• Iced Coffee
• Caffè Shakerato
• Thai Iced Tea
• Boba (a.k.a. Bubble, or Pearl) Tea
What's your favorite cold and icy, or chilly and creamy, summer drink? What's keeping you cool?
Related: Recipe Roundup: 20 Summer Cocktails with Fresh Herbs
(Images: See posts linked above for full image credits)