We're going to give away five copies to the five readers who can send us the best healthy casserole recipes. Here's how it will work, and what you can win! This book was really inspired by the fresh, modern comfort food we love here at The Kitchn, and it was a lot of fun (and work!) to write. I'll give you a couple sample recipes from the book during Casserole Week (the last week of January). Most of the recipes are lighter and fresher — no heavy cream, and no canned soups! There are lots of vegetarian and even vegan recipes, and some that are gluten-free. Of course, I still had to sneak in some favorite sweet breakfast recipes and richer fare, but these are special treats and still full of fresh flavors.
To celebrate my book, I really wanted to turn to you, our ever-inspiring readers, and ask you what your favorite casseroles are, and how you've made them healthier and lighter. I want to ask you to send a recipe for a favorite healthy casserole. Tell me why you love it, and what makes it health(ier) to you.
I will choose the five recipes I like best and make them, photograph them, and post them here at The Kitchn the last weekend of January during Casserole Week. The winners will receive a copy of my book, and a gorgeous baker from Emile Henry. I really love these modern, classy bakers from Emile Henry; they are so well-made, and generously-proportioned. Just right for a modern casserole.
• More about Emile Henry's Urban bakers: Emile Henry Rectangular Dish
But quick! You only have until this coming Sunday night to get your recipes in. So take a look at the entry form below and send me your very best healthy casserole recipes. I can hardly wait to read them!
The Best Healthy Casseroles Recipe Contest
What You'll Need to Send:
• A healthy casserole recipe
• Why you feel it's healthier
• Why you love the recipe
• Your name and information
• A photo (optional)
The Winners Receive:
• A copy of my book, Not Your Mother's Casseroles
• A baker from Emile Henry's Urban line
• Fame and glory right here at The Kitchn!
The Fine Print:
• Only one entry per reader, please.
• The recipe must be yours. This means either completely original, or adapted, in your own words, from an acknowledged source.
• Employees of Apartment Therapy, Emile Henry USA, and The Harvard Common Press are prohibited from entering.
• All entries due by Sunday January 16th at 11:59pm PST
• Winning entries will be published on The Kitchn January 24-28, 2011.
(Images: Harvard Common Press; Emile Henry)