We gobbled up this granola all weekend. Sprinkled over yogurt, swimming in milk (cold or warm), or eaten by the handful, it was hearty and satisfying, without being too sweet. Try experimenting with other dried fruits and spices if those listed aren't your favorites.
Cellar Hole Granola
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup pecan halves
1/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Spray heavy large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
3. Combine oats, almonds, pecans, and coconut in large bowl.
4. Combine orange juice, brown sugar, oil, cinnamon, and allspice in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, whisking until sugar dissolves. Pour sugar mixture over oat mixture; stir to coat evenly.
5. Spread mixture out on prepared sheet. Bake until golden brown at edges, about 20 minutes.
6. Add cranberries, apricots and raisins; using metal spatula, stir to blend.
7. Bake until granola is golden and beginning to dry, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes longer.
8. Cool completely on baking sheet. (Store airtight at room temperature up to 1 week.)